IMT4751 Wireless Communication Security, or equivalent
Having completed the course, the student should have
- Advanced level of understanding of methods of analysis of wireless communication security
- Deep understanding of modern wireless communication systems and their security
- Acquired skills to be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of ideas and concepts relating to wireless communication security.
- Introduction – elements of radio frequency theory, elements of information security with applications in the wireless environment
- Elements of RFID systems security analysis with case studies: the electronic passport
- Elements of WLAN security analysis
- Bluetooth system security
- Security in mobile telephony systems with case studies: the 2G, the 3G and beyond.
Pedagogiske metoder (fritekst)
- Laboratory exercises
- Problem solving exercises
- Written exam (alternatively oral exam): 51%
- Project: 49%
- Both parts must be passed.
Bokstavkarakterer, A (best) - F (ikke bestått)
Evaluated by the lecturer
Utsatt eksamen (tidl. kontinuasjon)
The whole subject must be repeated
Tillatte hjelpemidler (gjelder kun skriftlig eksamen)
1. V. Niemi, K. Nyberg, UMTS Security, John Wiley & Sons, 2005
Various papers (available on-line)
There is room for 50 students for the course