After completing the course, the student is supposed to
- be able to define, execute and select methods and tools to evaluate various concepts at an early stage.
- be able to use appropriate evaluation methods to identify and analyze concepts at an early stage.
- by practical project work demonstrate knowledge on how to ensure the best possible concept and improve social sustainability in projects.
Methods and tools in the early phase:
- system analysis
- strategy analysis - a logical framework
- analysis of uncertainty
- strategic framework
- probability based cost analysis
- profitability and sustainability assessment
- risk analysis
- probability based propulsion analysis
Pedagogiske metoder (fritekst)
The course will be made accessible for both campus- and remote students. Every student are free to choose the pedagogic arrangement form that are best fitted for her/his own requirement.
The lectures in the course will be given on campus and are open for both categories of students. Lectures that sums up the main issues in the lecture will also be available on internet through GUC’s learning management system (ClassFronter).
Tutoring are given at campus in accordance to announced times. In addition there will be at least on gathering at campus for remote students with mandatory laboratory exercises.
Tutoring is also available on internet.
Skriftlig eksamen, 4 timer
Written Exam, 4 hours
Bokstavkarakterer, A (best) - F (ikke bestått)
2 Internal Examiners
Utsatt eksamen (tidl. kontinuasjon)
Next ordinary exam
Tillatte hjelpemidler (gjelder kun skriftlig eksamen)
All printed and written
Two passed projects
Frank A. Wilson: “Towards Sustainable Project Development”, 1997
Richard Maltzman, David Shirley: “Green Project Management”, 2011